Wednesday, September 14, 2011

What's Cookin' Wednesday - Crockpot BBQ Chicken

Today's recipe is another that I ran across on pinterest, that came from this blog.

First, I gathered my ingredients. I didn't have exactly what the original recipe called for, so I tweaked it. Pay no attention to that bottle of wine you see there - that's for later! ;) I didn't have the red pepper flakes that the recipe originally called for, so I used a little Old Bay seasoning. I love Old Bay, it makes just about anything a little bit better!

I am only cooking for myself and three little girls tonight, so I only used a small package of chicken breasts (2), that I cut into 4 hunks.

I mixed up all the ingredients in a bowl. I poured out the entire bottle of the barbeque sauce, and then measured out the vinegar (I used apple cider vinegar) into the bottle and swished it around to get out all of the bbq sauce.

And then poured it over the chicken in the crockpot to make sure it was all covered up. Cook on low for 4-6 hours.


Crock Pot Barbeque Chicken

4-6 pieces of boneless, skinless chicken breast (you can even throw them in frozen)
1 bottle BBQ sauce
1/4 c. vinegar
1 tsp. Old Bay seasoning
1/4 c brown sugar
1/2 - 1 tsp garlic powder

Place chicken in crock pot. Mix BBQ sauce with all ingredients. Pour sauce over the chicken and cook on LOW for 4-6 hours.

No comments: