Friday, September 16, 2011

Favorite Things Friday - Keurig and Kindle


Are you a coffee drinker? How about tea? Hot Chocolate? You can make all of those drinks in a Keurig.
I have had a Keurig for a couple of years now and I really, really love it! I bought it as a gift for my husband, but it turned out to be a great purchase that I have really enjoyed as well!
I used to be a Starbucks junkie. I was a peppermint mocha addict. But, once we got a Keurig and I discovered Coffeemate peppermint mocha creamer at the grocery store, Starbucks doesn't get as much of my money any more!
Keurig coffee systems vary in price depending on the model. Watch store advertisements and you can get a pretty good price reductions at times!
The Keurig makes one cup at a time, so you always have a fresh, hot cup of coffee (or tea or cocoa) right with the touch of a button! I purchase my K-cups from Amazon.com, with free shipping and they run about $.50 per cup. However, there are re-usable filters you can purchase for your Keurig that cost around $14 that allow you to use your favorite coffee with and it brings your per cup cost even lower.
Right now on Amazon.com, the Keurig brewing systems start at $105. I have to tell that it will be the best hundred bucks you have spent lately!


In our household, we are big Kindle fans! My Dad got one a couple of years ago, and he liked it so much, I thought it would be a great gift for my husband, so I got him one. Then, last year, my 8 year old, Georgia decided she would like to save up her birthday money and purchase one. It has been a great thing for her! She is an avid reader and has really loved being able to read on her kindle. It is super portable and convenient. And, one of the coolest features she discovered is that many books have a feature that the kindle reads words to her if she has trouble pronouncing/understanding them. There are different free games available on the kindle as well. When I got an iPad last year, I downloaded the kindle app and use it to read books on my iPad and I love that! And now that I have joined the iPhone movement, I use the kindle app on it too. I can read a book on my phone, and then when I pick up my iPad to read the book at a later time, it automatically syncs up and finds just where I left off! And, because my husband and I are registered on the same account, we can share books. A few months ago, Amazon announced, "Eligible Kindle books can be loaned once for a period of 14 days. The borrower does not need to own a Kindle -- Kindle books can also be read using rhe free Kindle reading applications for PC, Mac, iPad, iPhone, BlackBerry, and Android devices. Not all books are lendable -- it is up to the publisher or rights holder to determine which titles are eligible for lending. The lender will not be able to read the book during the loan period." - sooooo cool!
Kindles are an Amazon product and start at $114.


No comments: