Wednesday, March 28, 2012

What's Cookin' Wednesday - Beer Bread

Have you ever made Beer Bread before? The first time I ever had it was from a mix that was sold by Tastefully Simple, the home party food company. The mix is fantastic, but I was determined there had to be a cheaper way to make it. So, I went on a hunt for a recipe and found one. I have been baking it for years.
It. Is. Wonderful. And easy. And although it bakes for 50 minutes, it only takes a few minutes to mix it up and prepare it for the oven. So, you have fresh baked bread, ready to eat in only about an hour.

Ingredients:

3 cups self rising flour.

(I never seem to have any on hand, so I use the substitutions instead:
3 cups all purpose flour, 1 1/2 teasp salt, 3 T baking powder)

2 T sugar
12 ounce bottle beer
1/4 cup butter, melted


1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease loaf pan.

3. Mix flour and sugar.

Gradually add beer.


4. Pour into loaf pan. Drizzle melted butter over top.

5. Bake at 350 for 50 minutes. Remove from pan at once.


 

No comments: