Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Project A Day - Junk Drawer

 
I am feeling a little antsy during this new month of this new year.  So, I decided to channel that nervous energy into doing something productive... a project a day.
I don't think I will plan it out, because that would be way too logical! It would also give me the opportunity to think of ways to avoid doing whatever the project is!  So, I am going to fly by the seat of my pants, so to speak, and pick a project and just do it!
My first project was to tackle the junk drawer in the kitchen. I didn't take a before picture. But, really, do you need one? I'll just bet that you have a drawer (or two) in your kitchen that look a little bit like mine did before I started.
I got out a little trash bag and was determined to throw away as much as possible. I emptied the drawer out completely and put things that belonged elsewhere, well, in other places! I wiped out the drawer and then took four sheets of 12x12 scrapbooking paper and taped them together and placed them in the bottom of the drawer as a pretty drawer liner. Then,  I found a drawer organizer that I wasn't using, and put it in there to corral some of the little things.  I didn't end up throwing away as much as I hoped I would, but I did organize it nicely, if I do say so myself!

What do you think?


No comments: