Tuesday, October 2, 2012

You can do it - The Big Reveal... Our New Bathroom!


So, not long ago, I posted the in-progress pictures of our bathroom renovation project.  Well,a few weeks ago, we finally had applied all of the coats of stain and topcoat and waited for it to dry (the hardest part for me!) and put everything back together!
What do you think?
Silly me, I forgot to take a before picture, but the cabinets were a golden oak builder grade cabinet with no hardware at all.  I have the same cabinets (yuck!) in my kitchen too.  


We purchased these bin pulls at the local Home Depot store. There was no hardware on the doors or drawers before at all.


Whenever we paint, no matter how well I tape things off, my husband manages to get a smidge of paint somewhere! Here is a little smidge on the closet door casing. Oops!


So, the moral of this story is... if you don't like something about your house, it may be easier to change it than you think! And cheaper too!  We followed the excellent directions from the blog, Monica Wants It, and I ordered all my supplies online through her recommended sources, or bought them locally, and it cost approximately $50!




No comments: