Monday, August 22, 2011

Monday Morning Love

Okay. So you probably wonder why I have titled this morning's blog post, "Monday Morning Love". I thought that I should remind myself that there are things to love about every day. And, Mondays in general get a bad rap, dontcha think? So, what do I love about today? About this Monday?
I love that today is the first day of school for my oldest two girls (the youngest is a preschool camp this week before taking next week off and her first official day of this school year begins the week after). Georgia is in third grade this year. Olivia will be in kindergarten again. In California, they allow four year olds to go to kindergarten as long as they will be 5 by December. Olivia has a late October birthday and we wrestled with the decision to have her begin kindergarten last year as a four year old. As far as I know, most of the rest of the country requires kids to be five already before they can start kindergarten. Even California has recently changed the law so that in the next few years they will be aligned with most of the other states. We really felt that Olivia was ready to start kindergarten, but weren't sure she would be ready to go on to 1st grade after. We also thought long-range about her being barely 17 and heading off to college someday. So, we decided before she started kindergarten last year that we would give her the gift of time, and that she would do kindergarten twice to really reinforce the basics. So, she is starting kindergarten part deux!

I love that I love what I do and am always eager to start another week of Sweet Funky Vintage! It is always crazy, always busy, sometimes hard, mostly fun, and always challenging. If you can't say that about where you work, bummer dude!

I love that my husband has been deployed since February, but will be home soon. The anticipation of his return gives us all reason to celebrate.

How lame that this blog post hasn't included any pictures. Sorry about that! I'll do better tomorrow!

Before I go, I want to announce the winner of our earth-friendly lunch giveaway of reusable cloth lunch napkins. The winner is Kate! Kate, please send us an email with your mailing address!


No comments: