Thursday, March 19, 2009

Yum! Easy Crock Pot Pork Chop Recipe!

These days, my life seems to get busier and busier. I love finding a recipe that is quick and easy to prepare and also really yummy!

Crock Pot Beer Chops

1 sliced onion
3 Pork Chops
2 Beers
2 Cubes Chicken Bouillon

Arrange onion slices in bottom of slow cooker. Place pork chops on top of onions. Pour in beer and add chicken bouillon cubes. Cover and cook on low 6 to 8 hours.

The original recipe that I found allowed for 2 pork chops and 1 beer, but I had 3 pork chops and 1 beer just didn't seem like enough liquid, so I added more. Naturally, I meant to start it cooking earlier, and was running late, so I cooked it on high for 4 hours. The pork was cooked and it was good, but the pork would have been more tender if I had cooked it longer. It was very moist, though. As far as the type of onion, I used a white onion, but next time I will probably use a Vidalia onion. I used one dark beer (porter) and one light (Coors Light), because they were handy. I would like to try using a Cider Ale next time, I think it would give an interesting flavor!



1 comment:

Kim Sue said...

sounds yummy and Cider Ale makes it sound even yummier!