Friday, October 21, 2011

Favorite Things Friday - Halloween Sweets and Treats


The Sweet Funky Vintage girls have been snacking on Halloween candy for a few days (okay, weeks) now. Which has made me start thinking about yummy halloween treats. I usually throw a Halloween party, since my Olivia's birthday is the week before Halloween. But, this year, we decided to take her to Disneyland for her birthday instead. The Disneyland trip wont happen for a couple of months yet, so I am starting to feel sentimental for our Halloween party tradition.
I love making fun party food, so I thought I would share some of my favorite ideas with you. Some I have tried, and some I would like to try!
Owl cupcakes - these cupcakes were on the One Charming Party blog. We did them for Georgia's class party last year and they were A-dorable!

The blog post is part of a series they shared of an entire Halloween class party - excellent ideas!

These Owl Smores were shared on the Living Locurto blog. We made these last year for Olivia's party - totally cute.

I haven't made these Witch Hat Cookies yet, but how easy are they? Keebler fudge stripe cookes turned upside down with Hershey's kisses stuck on with orange icing. Maybe I'll make a batch up, just for research sake, you know?!

And, these Strawberry Ghosts! Don't they make you want to giggle?!
Mummy Dogs are always a hit - and so easy! These are shared by Our Best Bites.

Our Best Bites also shared these Nutty Ghosts!