Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Meet Jen!


Meet Jen - Jen and Allison work together to keep things running behind the scenes, they do alot of our receiving and shipping and are pretty much "girl Friday"s around here!


1. Can you tell us a little about yourself?
I am 37 years old and grew up in West Hartford, Connecticut. I am married to my high school sweetheart and we have 3 daughters aged 8, 6 and 4. I am a stay-at-home mom, but in my previous life I taught kindergarten in Connecticut and a second grade in both Texas and California. We have lived in Escondido, CA for the past ten years.

2. What do you do when you aren?t working at Sweet Funky Vintage?
When I am not working at SFV, I am either substitute teaching at my daughter's school, volunteering to teach art lessons to both of my daughter's classes, planning ideas for two Girl Scout troops, running errands or cleaning my house!

3. If you were stranded on a desert island and were allowed one luxury item, what would it be and why?
Deoderant!!!! I can't stand when I am stinky!!!!

4. Do you have any phobias?
Spiders and creepy insects

5. Who inspires you and why?
People who are good parents…people who are genuinely kind, caring and non-judgemental. People like this help me get through the tough times of parenting and remind me that there is no manual full of solutions or easy button to press!

6. If you could have one superpower, what would it be and why?
Blink and everything would be as I wish it to be….. Blink and my house is clean, blink and dinner is ready, blink and I am young, skinny and beautiful!

7. Can you tell us one thing about yourself that would surprise people who know you?
I was a competitive figure skater since I was 6 years old. I spent almost every day after school at the skating rink and I trained about 25-30 hours a week during my summer vacations. When I was 10, I lived away from home to train in Lake Placid, NY during my summer vacation. I also spent a summer away from home training in Cape Cod, MA when I was 12. I used to miss A LOT of school to train up in Boston and go to competitions all over New England. While I was a good student and a hard working skater, I also had a devilish side…. In high school I loved to sneak the keys and take my parent's car out, sneak out at night to meet friends and even skip school to spend the day with my boyfriend (at least we ended up married!)…. Don't tell my daughters about this!

fun facts include??

-(what you spend most of your time doing)
I spend most of my time planning, organizing and worrying that I have forgotten something!
-Ferocious reader, when it includes ________.
Inspiring advice, fantastic organizing suggestions or celebrity gossip;)

-________ makes her weak in the knees.
Anticipation of the next Twilight movie

No comments: