Thursday, October 20, 2011

Meet Allison!


Recently, we were fortunate enough to add Allison to our Sweet Funky Vintage crew! She keeps things running smoothly and does a lot of order receiving and shipping of our customer orders.

1. Can you tell us a little about yourself? I have been married for 8 years to an amazing man who still gives me butterflies. I am the lucky mom to Reagan, who is 5, and Sam who is 2. I was a teacher for 8 years, but recently took a leave of absence to be home with my kids. Being home is a lot harder than working, but I love every second of it!


2. What do you do when you aren’t working at Sweet Funky Vintage? I'm walking the Breast Cancer 3 Day (my 6th time!) so training for that takes up a lot of time! I love to spend time with my husband, as we don't get that much time together due to his crazy work schedule. I volunteer in Reagan's class as well as teach a class of 2 and 3 year olds at church. My son, Sam, get weekly therapy, so that takes up a lot of my time as well!


3. If you were stranded on a desert island and were allowed one luxury item, what would it be and why? My iPad...I could keep connected, read, play....as long as I could get 3G out there!!!

4. Do you have any phobias? I'm deathly afraid of spiders and snakes.....please, don't even show me a picture...


5. Who inspires you and why? My dad inspires me....he was a single father of 3 for many years, worked his hardest to make us comfortable, encouraged and pushed me when I needed it, and is still my biggest fan. He's honestly the best!!!

6. If you could have one superpower, what would it be and why? Hmmmmm.....so many......perhaps I'd time travel....in the past and to the future!

7. Can you tell us one thing about yourself that would surprise people who know you? Really, do people want to know the answer to this? ;o) Actually...I didn't plan on going to college, I wanted to get out of high school, go to beauty school, and move on with my life. A friend in high school, and my dad, encouraged me to do otherwise. I am the first and only woman in my entire family with a college degree, and the third person from my entire family who has a college degree. So glad I listened to those smart people!

fun facts include……
-(fact about your family)~
I met my husband when we were 16....we dated for about three seconds, but he told his mom that he'd marry me some day....ten years later, we were married!
Neither one of my kids had names until we were pulling into the hospital parking lot...Sam, my 2 year old son, got his name when he was born. They were both early, so we just weren't ready! My 5 year old daughter, Reagan....yes, she's named after the president. Sam got his name from his dad (who's name is Shannon), but his nickname is Sam. Due to the fact that when he was little, he used to run around yelling "Sam I am!!"

-(what you spend most of your time doing)
Ummm...is that "free time?" When I do have that, I love to read, and peruse The Pioneer Woman's website!

-Ferocious reader, when it includes books about Asian culture (such as Snow Flower and the Secret Fan) and books with Kings and Queens...love Philippa Gregory!)


Red wine and chocolate makes her weak in the knees....if I said my man, that would be way too cheesy!!!



No comments: