Monday, October 17, 2011

Meet Sydney!


Today I would like to introduce you to Sydney, our Sweet Funky Vintage Trunk Show Coordinator. She handles the scheduling of our trunk shows and contacting potential hostesses and reps and answers all of their questions. She has been with us for about a year and a half and is a HUGE assett to Sweet Funky Vintage. She is always ready with a kind word, a smile, and possibly even some sweet tea. I love having another Southern girl around!

1. Can you tell us a little about yourself?
My name is Sydney Walker and I am originally from Pensacola, Florida. I went to college at the University of South Carolina and graduated with a bachelors degree in Early Childhood Education. I am married to a Marine and have two beautiful girls named Grace (7) and Caroline (5). Other than my husband, the only boy in our life is our Labrador Retriever named Maverick (10). We live a crazy life with the Marine Corps, but we wouldn't have it any other way. My girls social calendars far out weigh my own and most of my time is spent encouraging, loving, and raising these two wonderful little girls to be amazing christian women!


2. What do you do when you aren’t working at Sweet Funky Vintage?
I love to run, it's good for the soul and I enjoy working out. I am a Sunday school teacher in my local church and I volunteer in my girl's classrooms.


3. If you were stranded on a desert island and were allowed one luxury item, what would it be and why?
I love Coca-Cola, not Pepsi, but Coke. To me it is a little piece of heaven and most of my friends know that I would rather miss a meal to have it than to drink a diet one!


4. Do you have any phobias?
I totally do not like lizards especially the racing ones with long tails and stripes down their backs. They are too quick for my comfort and I know snakes are close by when they are around. Eww!


5. Who inspires you and why?
My mama is the person that inspires me most. She is a good christian, southern, woman that is not afraid to show people her roots. She was always amazing at balancing her work load while caring for my brother and I. She takes care of those in need and is a kind friend. She has always been encouraging and my number one fan. And for anyone that has ever eaten my mama's food, knows her cooking is hands down the best!!!

6. If you could have one superpower, what would it be and why?
Honestly, having a super power is overrated. I think I would prefer to be and have just what God gave me and let him take care of the rest!


7. Can you tell us one thing about yourself that would surprise people who know you?
Some surprising facts about me is I have been trained in American Sign Language, I received a softball scholarship out of high school, just to later turn it in for a bigger diamond, given to me by husband ;-) and one day I am going to write a children's book. I love children's literature and I love to write.

Fun Facts:

-Ferocious reader, when it includes ________. I would not consider myself a huge reader, but what I do read is the Bible and children's literature.

-________ makes her weak in the knees.
The thing that makes me most weak in the knees is my husband's smile. He has two large dimples that would knock any girls socks off! Love him!


No comments: