Wednesday, April 6, 2011

My New Favorite Soup Recipe

I love Paula Deen. Love her. I mean, really, her recipes are yumm-eee.
My new favorite recipe is one of hers and it is for the crockpot. Swoon.
Try it. You'll see what I mean. On the other hand, how can you go wrong with a recipe when there are fritos involved?

The first time I made it, I halfed it, because I didn't think the girls and I would eat it all. Boy, was I sorry. There wasn't enough left over and I was sad. :(

Ingredients:
2 lbs ground beef
2 cups chopped onion
2 15 1/2 oz cans pink kidney beans (at my grocery store, the cans all said light red. light red/pink whatever!)
2 15 1/2 oz cans pinto beans
1 15 1/4 oz can niblet corn, drained
1 14 1/2 oz can Mexican Tomatoes
1 14 1/2 oz can tomatoes with chilis
2 4 1/2 oz cans diced green chilis
1 small can black olives, drained, sliced
1/2 cup green olives, sliced (I didn't put this in)
one 1 1/4 oz package taco seasoning mix
one 1 ounce package Hidden Valley Ranch salad dressing mix
corn chips (fritos!!!)
sour cream
grated cheese
chopped onion

Brown the ground beef and onions, drain the exess fat and transfer beef and onions to your crockpot (needs to be a large sized one). Add the beans, corn, tomatoes, chilies, olives, and seasonings, and cook on low all day (6-8 hours). To serve, place a few corn chips in each bowl and ladle soup over them. Top with sour cream, cheese, and onions.

Be prepared for your stomach to growl. All. Day. Long.
And the leftovers are super duper yummy if you have any! ;)

2 comments:

grandmarockton said...

You got it this is WONDERFUL!

fashionblogger.GP said...

Nice blog!! Hope you'll visit mine .. I'm new in this blogger society