Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Preparing for Thanksgiving


If you are like me, now that Halloween has passed, you are looking forward to Thanksgiving. And, if you are really like me, you are hiding from Christmas altogether!
For the second year in a row, we are not going to be able to travel back East to spend Thanksgiving with our families. So, we will have our Thanksgiving meal with our large neighborhood "family" instead. We are so very blessed to have such wonderful friends and neighbors to have Thanksgiving dinner with. Last year, I hosted the dinner at my house, but this year, it will move across the street. I have been asked to help with the "crafty stuff". So, I have been on the look out for good ideas and fun Thanksgiving decor. We have 23 children in our "family", so kid-friendly is a must!
Here are some of the wonderful things I have found...

This photo is from One Charming Party - my new favorite blog! It is beyond fabulous!
If you visit here - she tells you how to create the turkey with brown paper bags, and you can fill it with popcorn for a snack for the kiddos!




I love the idea of forgoing tablecloths and covering the tables with brown kraft paper instead. How cool is this for the adult's table? Sharpie placemats!! This idea comes from Today's Creative Blog.



More tomorrow...

No comments: