Tuesday, May 10, 2011

What's Shakin' Bacon?

Okay, so the title of this post has absolutely nothing to do with anything, it just popped into my head as I began to type! So, forgive me for being a tad silly this morning.
We had an absolutely fabulous time at the Queen Bee Market this past weekend. We met some of the most darling people, experienced a room just bursting with creativity and were surrounded by beeeee-utiful things. Oh, and we might have done a tiny bit of shopping too! Here are a few of the beautiful things I purchased...

This necklace was so pretty, and pink! I just had to have it. I needed it. Really, I did. If you want one of your very own, it is by Allora Handmade.
I also bought a new checkbook cover from The Pleated Poppy. From our favorite things giveaway, you already knew I was in love with everything from The Pleated Poppy. I was still carrying around a cracked plastic freebie from the bank, so it was definitely time to pretty up that checkbook cover!

This isn't a picture of my cover, but of another very similar to it. Of course mine has pink on it!!
I also did quite a bit of shopping with Funky Vintage Lovely. She has the most divine things! And so much more fabulous in person. Beyond fabulous really! I bought the most adorable magnetic recipe card holder, and a wonderful vintage frame that I am going to put chicken wire in and make into a message board (like a cork board with clothespins instead of push pins).
I also bought a headband with flowers on it from Whippy Cake. I have been coveting some Whippy Cake for quite some time. Squeeee - now I have one of my very own!

Here is a picture of the flowers I bought. They have clips on them to clip to a blouse or whatever (like shown here), but also velcro to attach to a headband. I bought a thin elastic headband to give it a try and was really excited to find one that didn't slip back on my head - it totally stayed in place!

Okay, back to business... Sweet Funky Vintage has a lot of exciting things going on right now. We are busy getting ready for our Fall 2011 season - Around the World! We are already shipping out samples to our photographer for our 3rd catalog. Have you booked your trunk show yet? You want to book early to get your choice of dates! Our Christmas collection will sell out and I promise you will want SFV in your closets this holiday season! To book a show, just email Sydney!

Upcoming SFV events:

Thursday, May 12th - Facebook Sale!
We have created ready-to-wear items of our fabulous fabrics and they are ready to ship! Lots of mix and match pieces in lots of sizes!

Wednesday, May 18th - Sample Sale for Consultants and Hostesses Only - Our hostesses and consultants get first dibs on unreserved samples from our Spring 2011 trunk shows. Ladies, you must be registered on our website in order to access these items in the password protected portion of our website. Check your email inbox for an email from Sydney on how to do this!

Friday, May 20th - Online Sample Sale - All unsold Spring 2011 trunk show samples will be online and available for sale and immediate shipping. Did you want an additional piece from our collection? Now is the time to pick that up!

Saturday, May 21st - San Pasqual Carnival - If you are local to Escondido, CA, stop by the San Pasqual Carnival for some SFV shopping and tons of fun - bring the whole fam-dam-ly! The hours are from 10am to 4pm. Look for the SFV booth for some of our gift items and styles not in our regular trunk show line.

Tuesday, May 24th - Sip and See Sale - Come join us for a refreshing beverage and an evening of shopping - Sprucewood Lane in Escondido, CA. Drop in any time between 3pm and 8pm for some shopping fun!

Also, we have some bird magnet winners to announce. We are going to choose double the amount this week. Hope you win!
102, 152, 213, 228, 274, 326.

If we chose your number, please email us and let us know so we can send you something special!




No comments: