Tuesday, November 24, 2009

We give Thanks!



First of all, let me start off this post by thanking you, our customers, our readers, our family, our friends. We thank God for you!

I am not going to be with my family for Thanksgiving this year. The first year in many years that I will not be. I am sad about that. But, I am very blessed that I have such wonderful friends and neighbors here in California. And, as it turns out, none of our close friends and neighbors will be with their families on Thanksgiving either. So, we are having a neighborhood family Thanksgiving this year. And that delights me! So, I have been surfing the web for some Thanksgiving traditions and ideas to incorporate into our Thanksgiving this year and I wanted to share them with you as well.

Here is an activity we plan to do with the kids... We will be making a Thanksgiving Blessings Snack Mix.

And the girls over at Blonde Designs Blog have provided a printable pdf file of the poem - thanks, Ladies!


In with the invitation you see above, I included these placecards (I added each person's name) with instructions for them to write down something they are thankful for and we will all share (even the kids) before dinner.


I love these napkin rings created by Jeanne Winters - stitched paper - totally simple and easy!


I am not sure that I am going to get around to creating these Cornucopias for the chair backs, but I do love them....

They totally don't look like they are made with paper plates covered with burlap, do they???


Wherever you are, whoever you are with, and how ever you choose to celebrate, I hope that you have a lovely Thanksgiving!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

happy thanksgiving, missy! it sounds like you will be part of a wonderful new tradition.