Tuesday, October 27, 2009

More from Quilt Market 2009

I know I said I would share more about quilt market and a whole week has passed since I made the promise to share more tomorrow, but wow - what a week it has been! I have been on the school carnival planning comittee, planning a BIG school carnival for the past 6 months or so and the carnival was this past Saturday. And, crazy person that I am, I scheduled Olivia's big 4 year old birthday party for the next day! So, needless to say, I'll be working on playing catch up quite a bit over the next week or so!
Quilt Market was a whirlwind trip for me and Liz. We had so much planning and fabric shopping to squeeze into such a short period of time. But, as usual, we managed to pull it off!

One of our very favorite booths to visit each year, is Melly&Me, a fabulous pattern designer from Australia. They have the most fun little critters and we always fall in love with the little guys on display. We wish we could take them all home with us. But, we always take some new patterns home with us. This year, they even had a new book on display! I can't believe I don't have any pictures from their booth itself, just of Melly and her guy with his "man bag"!






We spent some time visiting the Windham Fabrics booth. We checked out all of the new lines, and were very impressed! We had been asked by Bari Ackerman to create a sample for her new fabric line and were happy to create a patchwork skirt for her.






Of course, we HAD to visit with our very favorite fabric designer (and all around fun lady to know) ever - Paula Prass, and her uber-fashionable and fun daughter, Jenn Storey. We bought some of the new line and cannot wait to use it!






As the co-leader of my daughter's daisy girl scout troop, I was delighted to see that Robert Kaufmann provides licensed girl scout fabrics and kits! How cute is this fabric??!!




Okay, enough for today... more quilt market in the next few days!




No comments: