Thursday, September 4, 2008

Dishes, dishes and more dishes!



I forgot to start the dishwasher the other night. I loaded it, put the soap thingee in the little compartment and closed the door, hit the buttons for the cycle, and then forgot to actually hit start. So, when I got up yesterday to prepare breakfast, I discovered a dishwasher filled with dirty dishes, instead of clean. All day, I rinsed the dishes and placed them in one side of the double sink and had the best of intentions to actually start the dishwasher. By the time dinner was finished, there was a sink full of dirty dishes, and a dishwasher full of dirty dishes. Martha would never have gotten herself into this pickle, and if she had, she would roll up her sleeves and start washing.

I did not.

What did I do, you may ask? I started the dishwasher and left the dishes until morning!

Morning came and Georgia came downstairs where I was fixing breakfast. After breakfast, my plan was to unload and reload the dishwasher. She looks at me and says, "Don't you think it is time someone around here washed some dishes?"

I had to laugh. And then I asked her when she wanted to get started! She laughed at me and looked at me with that look. You know the look that says, "oh, you poor, silly lady"? And she said, "I can't wash dishes Mommy". And I thought, "Oh, your day is coming!"

No comments: