Saturday, July 12, 2008

Good Food Fast


I made the yummiest meal the other night so I thought I would share the recipe.

Mediterranean Shrimp

Makes 4 servings, Prep: 5 minutes, Cook: 15 minutes

1 can (14.5 ounce) diced tomatoes with burgundy wine and olive oil marinara (I would increase this to two cans)

1 jar (12 ounce) quartered marinated artichoke hearts (my store only had 7 ounce jars, so that is what I used and it was plenty)

1 1/4 cups orzo pasta

1 lb cleaned and deveined medium-sized shrimp (my store only had 10 ounce packages, so I used two)

1/2 cup crumbled feta

(adding some sliced ripe olives and some fresh basil would make this even better, I think!)

1. bring a large pot of lightly salted water to boiling
2. in a large skillet, simmer diced tomatoes with marinara plus the liquid from the artichoke hearts over medium high heat. Once simmering, cook for 10 minutes, until some of the liqued has evaporated.
3. Meanwhile, cook orzo in the boiling water as directed. Drain well and transfer to a large serving bowl.
4. Stir artichoke hearts and shrimp into sauce. Simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until cooked through. Add to orzo in bowl, toss with cheese.

Yum!

1 comment:

Kim Sue said...

sounds yummy...i'll have to put it in the recipes-to-try stack.