Saturday, July 12, 2008

Feels like Home to me...

Feels Like Home - Chantal Kreviazuk

Things are starting to feel like home here. I snapped a few pictures to share for now. I will share more later, as I get pictures hung and all of the clutter hidden!! But for now, a little taste...


My studio is unpacked and up and running! Thank goodness! I was starting to go into fabric withdrawal!!




A peek into several rooms. The red sofa is in our main living room, and the window behind it has a GORGEOUS hydrangea blooming just outside! My favorite! The pink and green loveseat is in our family room. We have not had two separate living room areas before, so we just purchased the loveseat at Ikea. The girls love it - so girly!
The rooster is in the kitchen/breakfast room.


I clipped a hydrangea bloom and put it in a vase next to a beautiful dish I got in a swap (thank you Gina!) last year. It sits currently on my kitchen island. Love the shabby vintage look of it!


We didn't want to lose any more of the summer growing season, so we made it one of our first projects to plant a garden. We are new to the vegetable gardening thing, so wish us luck! Chris built the box and we filled it with topsoil, compost, and steer manure (ew!) and planted some plants. They are looking a little wilty currently, and we are crossing our fingers that it is a case of transplant shock and they will recover. If not, we are going to have to adjust our soil mixture and try again!
The plums are on a plum tree in the backyard. The girls are absolutely loving going out to the backyard, shaking the tree and eating fresh plums. They eat several each day!



There are a couple of rose bushes in the yard as well. So pretty!

3 comments:

cherrygarage said...

so sad... your pictures aren't working on my computer... Welcome Home Seversons!!

cherrygarage said...

Much better! Thanks!!

Saucy said...

Ooooh, I would just DIE to have a hydrangea plant!