Thursday, August 23, 2012

Big Girl's Room

Well, I find it pretty unbelievable that I haven't blogged since April. How embarrassing! I am going to take the position that the easiest way to begin blogging again is just to jump right in!
I'm going to start with sharing a recent project... updating my 9 year old's room.  Previously, she had been sharing a room with her sister, younger by 3 years, and was really ready to have her own room.  So, over the past 4 months or so, we have been working on giving her a more grown up feel to her room.
I bought some painted picture frames on etsy some time ago, and hung them on the wall, but hadn't done anything to them. So, I popped back over to etsy and purchased some really cool chevron fabric that I knew Riley Blake had come out with. Then, I visited my local Lowes store, and purchased some cork tiles. I covered the cork tiles with the fabric, securing them with hot glue, and then put the covered cork into the frames. Voila! A new wall treatment that we can change around as we like!

Tomorrow, I will share another project I completed for her new room!

 

1 comment:

Timmery said...

I love the chevrons! I don't know why, but I'm hot hot hot for them this season. I just repainted our outdoor patio seats with chevrons. So fun!