Wednesday, November 23, 2011

What's Cookin' Wednesday - Ham and Cheese Croissant Melts


Today's What's Cooking is something I ran across on Pinterest. I jumped over to the website and decided to give it a try for dinner.

Ham and Cheese Croissant Melts

Ingredients:
Crescent Rolls
Lunch meat - your choice! I used Honey Ham
Cheese - again, your choice! I used Provolone


I opened the crescent roll tubes and instead of making triangles, I pulled the dough apart in rectangles (keeping 2 triangles together). I used a baking stone, but if you use a regular baking sheet, you will want to grease it.

Place the rectangles on the stone. You will only get 4 from a package, but we have a family of 5, so I used part of another package. I will bake up the remaining crescent rolls for breakfast in the morning.

Place your toppings - whatever meats and cheeses you choose. I decided to keep it simple this time, but next time, wouldn't it be yummy with fresh basil and sauteed Vidalia onions?

Roll up your rectangles and get ready to bake. The instructions on my tube said 350 for 12-14 minutes.

I served ours with homemade mashed potatoes and green beans. Yum!



No comments: