Friday, November 18, 2011

Meet Timmery!



Today, I'd like to introduce you to another of the ladies here at Sweet Funky Vintage. Timmery joined us here within the past year and we feel so fortunate to have her with us. She is really fast and efficient and we don't know what we would do without her. But, the best thing about Timmery is that she always has a smile on her face and her laugh is absolutely infectious!

1. Can you tell us a little about yourself?
I moved from Missouri to California 8 years ago. I drove my belongings out here and arrived on January 2nd to a sky full of sun and gorgeous 60+ degree temps. Since 2 days prior I had had to shovel a path from my front door to my car, and then chisel the car out of ice to start my adventure, I just knew I'd made the right choice in coming to sunny San Diego!
I'm an architect, but recently completed my Master's in Pastoral Care & Counseling--and yes, at first glance the two fields don't seem related at all, yet it suits me just fine!

2. What do you do when you aren't working at Sweet Funky Vintage?
My previous job was working with Post-College aged people at my church--and I still continue to mentor some of the young women there. I still do counseling and love watching young women transform through the process
I also have a creative streak and love "puttering". This year I taught myself how to make journals and I'm loving it! Recently I've had a friend start teaching me how to knit (I'm not very good yet, but after she took me to a specialty yarn store and I soaked in all the gorgeous yarns, I've decided I need to improve--rapidly!).

3. If you were stranded on a desert island and were allowed one luxury item, what would it be and why?
One?! My first thought would be a good, creamy, heavenly scented lotion. But that almost seems more necessity to my thinking! If I were stranded I would take some sort of e-reader since books tend to be my weakness...

4. Do you have any phobias?
Lizards and snakes, hands down! They give me chills just thinking about them! I found a lizard in the garage last week and screamed like a little girl (and now I'm afraid to enter the garage at night--what if it's still lurking? Eek!).

5. Who inspires you and why?
I have a small handful of very dear women, including my mother, who are so precious to my heart. They are mostly all old enough to be my mother, and they all in one form or another mentor me. I so value that they have gained much wisdom and experience, and that they have been so willing to share those with me. When life is icky, they encourage me after they've joined me in tears. And when life is glorious, they are praising God alongside me. Watching these women go through the challenges, joys, and hurts in their own life teaches me so much.

6. If you could have one superpower, what would it be and why?
I'm pretty content just being me, buuuuut, perhaps it would be nice to snap my fingers and have "chores" completed? Tax time? Done! Tires need rotating? Done! Bathroom starting to get icky? Clean!

7. Can you tell us one thing about yourself that would surprise people who know you?
I can think in color (which helped immensely in school!). What this means is that I "see" everything in color from numbers, to letters, to words, ideas, music, and so on. When I was learning my alphabet as a wee one, I would be able to see the color in my mind and know which letter it was. In math, I know that white plus blue equals purple (1+3=4), and blue plus purple equals orange (3+4=7)! It's a pretty cool sensory phenomenon called synesthesia. I know of some people who can "see" colors unfolding in their mind like a painting, but I don't have it to that degree. Its something I always took for granted and was shocked when I learned none of my classmates in school knew what I was talking about!


fun facts include……:
-(I'm an only child, and wanted siblings so bad I made up imaginary ones! Luke, Barrett, Ethan, and Emily were my 4, much older, imaginary siblings.)~

-(I love reading a good book. I grew up without a tv as a child, so reading was my favorite entertainment. I suspect that's why I love it so much today!)

-Although I love reading, all through my architectural studies I would primarily only look at pictures in books! Maybe because it's such a visual field, and maybe because all the architecture books I "read" included hot photos of amazing architecture!

-A good massage, or a fabulous fragrance makes me weak in the knee.

Timmery



No comments: