Sunday, August 31, 2008

Escargot anyone????

Now, I am not a french food kind of girl, but these look deeeeelicious! I found them on this blog but the actual blogger was "guest blogging". Her blog is called Little Momma and company. I must say it is one of the cutest blog designs I have seen yet.

But I digress, back to the snails...not one thing slimy about these babies....probably not one thing healthy either, but I do think we are going to have to try them...maybe for breakfast tomorrow. It is a holiday, so I don't think the calories count!



Cinnamon Snails

4 slices of soft texture bread
¼ C cream cheese
3 T sugar
1 ½ t cinnamon
¼ C melted butter or margarine

Trim the crusts from the bread slices. Spread 1 T of the cream cheese on each piece of bread. Roll up the bread slices with the cream cheese on the inside. Cut each roll into thirds.
Stir together sugar and cinnamon. Dip each roll into butter and then into cinnamon sugar (do not dip the swirly ends of the rolls) Place rolls, seam side down on a ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350 for 12 minutes, or until light brown and crisp. Makes 12.

***Dont forget to scroll down and enter our give away before midnight on September 2!****

4 comments:

Emily said...

Glad you loved them! They taste even better than they look! YUM!

Anonymous said...

oo that looks awsome!! will have to try it after the baby comes! yummy!!!

Jen Kershner said...

Okay, so I'm totally going to try those. The only snails I would eat if told what they were called before they were served to me. Love your blog! Thanks for visiting me.

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

They look delicious!