Thursday, January 21, 2010

Snickerdoodles!


I love snickerdoodles. Really love them. Which is kind of ironic when you consider that I am the biggest chocoholic that ever walked the face of the earth.
We were having a friend over for dinner the other night, and I needed to produce some kind of a dessert in a hurry, otherwise I might tarnish my image as a domestic goddess. (just kidding!)
I had recently been given one of those enormous sugar cookie mix boxes from Costco, and was hoping there was some way to jazz up some sugar cookies into something a little more exciting. So, off to the internet I went, and lo and behold, I discovered a way to transform my sugar cookie mix into a snickerdoodle!
I found it here.

Start with a store bought sugar cookie mix...

1 pouch sugar cookie mix
2 T all-purpose flour
1/3 c butter, softened
1 egg
1/4 c sugar
1 tsp cinammon

Heat oven to 375. In large bowl, stir cookie mix, flour, butter and egg until dough forms. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. In small bowl, mix sugar and cinnamon. Roll balls in sugar-cinnamon mixture. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. (I always use a stone - I swear by them). If desired, roll tops of warm cookies in additional sugar and cinnamon (I didn't do this, but will next time). Cool completely, about 20 minutes.

Enjoy!


1 comment:

Katie B said...

Thanks for donating your scraps to Craft Hope! I wasn't able to spend a lot on a donation, so your scrap bags were a great way for me to contribute.