Friday, April 25, 2008

Crocs Rock!


My 5 year old, Georgia, like many kids these days, is in LOVE with her Crocs. She wears them year 'round. In Virginia! It snows here. But, she digs crocs with socks too!
We were driving in the car a month or so ago, and she pipes up from the back seat and asks me, "Mommy, why do crocs have holes in them?"
I answered with some sort of practical answer about ventilation, that clearly didn't answer the question she was asking. So, she continued asking. It had gone on about 15 minutes, when she finally wore me down, and I had to say, "You would have to ask the Crocs people about that." So, she did.
She composed for me a letter to the Crocs people. I wrote down what she said, and then when we were home later, I typed it up and she signed it. I truly believed the matter was over. I certainly didn't anticipate a reply.
But, boy, did we get one! An incredibly nice Crocs' employee, Katie Smith, took the time to write back to Georgia.

The letter said:
Dear Miss S,
I was given your recent letter and would like to thank you for your interest in Crics, Inc., and our very cool shoes. We are all so glad to hear how you feel about your Crocs and, I think we have a solution to your puddle problem.
First, to answer your question about the holes in your Crocs. Many styles of Crocs shoes have holes on the top as well as the sides of the bottom part of the shoe. We put the holes in the Crocs for a few clever reasons:
1) The holes look really cool and you can put Jibbitz in the holes on top to show off your daring sense of fashion.
2) The holes on the bottom allow water to go in and OUT of the shoe easily. Some people wear their Crocs to the beach or on boats, where they get their feet wet quite often, so having holes that will allow the water to come both in and out is very important to them!
3) The holes are also handy to keep your feet from getting too hot when the weather warms up in the spring and in the summer.

Now, then, to address your need for Crocs that will NOT allow water in, I am happy to introduce you to some of our new shoes that I think will match your needs! I'm enclosing two catalogues that are not available to just anyone - but I think someone that loves Crocs as much as you should have them! The white Workbook contains brand new colors for Crocs lke the Mammoths (which incidentally do not have holes on the bottom) as well as some super cool new shoes like the Nanook (also lacking holes on the bottom). The blue Workbook shows off our new clothing line. You'll notice that some of the clothes also have holes for those neat Jibbitz.

For more information, I encourage you and your parents to visit our website, www.crocs.com, where you can learn more about Crocs.

Thank you for your interest in our great products!
Croc On!
Katie Smith
Operations Administrator

What an awesome letter! Georgia absolutely loved it! The workbooks she refers to in the letter are big bound books with all of their products and appears to be a line sheet type catalogue for their retailers, they are like coffee table books of crocs! Georgia put them in a place of honor on her bookshelf next to her Fancy Nancy book collection!!
Also included in the package were a ton of Jibbitz and a sticker with the Crocs logo on it.

How cool is that!!!??

3 comments:

everything pink! said...

crocs was smart to do this because of this post i did a little shopping today...

Patty Young said...

WOW! How cool! Both of my girls love crocs so much that they also wear them year round even in the snow (we are in Illinois!) They got once size larger in the Winter so they could wear them with heavy socks or 2 - 3 pairs of socks! LOL! That is great that they sent you all that stuff. CROCKS DO RULE! :)

Mama said...

Can you believe the stay at home mom who invented Jibbitz with the help of her kids and sewing box, sold the company to Crocs for $20million! I wonder when my big idea will make me millions?!