Here is the before picture:
The first thing I did is to empty the cabinet:
The next thing I did was to separate the containers from the lids. Then I organized the containers by shape - round, square, and rectangle.
Then, I paired each container with the matching lid. If there was no lid to match, the containers went into a pile. At the end, all lids that hadn't matched up with a container went into the same pile. I made one last ditched effort to pair up anything in that pile. No luck.
Next, I nestled all the of the containers inside other containers to save space, placing the coordinating lid directly beneath the container it goes with. Then, I put everything neatly back into the cabinet. Surprise! Surprise! Everything fit neatly in the cabinet.
Everything is easily accessible and each container is paired with the lid that fits. Putting away leftovers will be a breeze!!